Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Freestar: 2004 Freestar won't start. No voltage to solenoid…

Customer Question
2004 Freestar won't start. No...
2004 Freestar won't start. No voltage to solenoid when ignition is turned to start. Fuses under dash and in engine box are good. What else needs to be checked and what is the circuit?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/16/2015
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 3 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Hello, is the red theft lamp lef flashing quickly when the key is turned to on or does it come on steady then go off?

I'm not at the car now, but if I remember, the led flashes and the goes off.

What is the circuit?

The red theft lamp led is the PATS anti theft system which a chip is in the ignition key. the light will flash normally when the key is out of the ignition and when you turn the key to on it should stay on steady and go out if they system is working correctly.