Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Expedition: my name is ***** ***** key was found in a camp

Customer Question
hi my name is *****...
hi my name is ***** ***** key was found in a camp fire an i tried to start my 1998 ford expidition an the anti theift came on an had a ford guy look at it an his computer said it was the ingnition hailo
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
im looking for a way to bypass the ign. haylo. please single dad cant aford to buy a new one. me an my two sons would be greatful
6/14/2015
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Hello my name is Scott
Is the key new or melted?
key will crank motor but anti theift came on soo i replaced ignition with a new one still no start
You replaced the key correct?
yes new computer keys came with new ignion
Ok, they just need to be programmed to the vehicle, you can call a locksmith or tow to the dealer to have them programmed.
Takes about 1/2 hour.
i did that an bad ignion halo cant afourd a new one i wanna bypass ignition halo
The only way to bypass, and this is not a bypass, is to tape a programmed key to the halo and tie up to the column, there is no ther way to do this, this is why it is called antitheft.
i was told by a certifided ford mechcic that it can b
No it can't, there needs to be key programmed so the PCM will allow the engine to start, if this system was easily bypassed, it wouldn't be a called antitheft system, it would easily stolen.
what ever thanks for nothing
No problem, thanks for your business!