Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150 supercrew: 2004 f150 driver rear window inop. i bought

Customer Question
2004 f-150 driver rear window...
2004 f-150 driver rear window inop. I bought a brand new regulator assy. Set it in the door and attached the mounting screws, plugged in the connector to raise the window up per the instructions and nothing. Same as before, I can here the solenoid click in the down but nothing in the up. The 2 wire connector has 12 volt power when you press up or down? Is there a ground issue?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/13/2015
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The ground comes from the master switch on the black wire at the master switch , one very known problem with the loss of ground can be cause by a broken wire in the drives side door harness, before you replace anything else, pull the boot back at the drivers door from the body to the door and inspect all of the wires in the harness looking for any signs of a broken wire. If you do not find any broken wire then run through the steps enclosed in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Left%20rear%20Door%20Jun%2013.pdf