Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Aspire: I have a 1996 ford aspire which started to run ruff

Customer Question

I have a 1996 ford aspire which started to run ruff while delivering news papers. Started to smell gas like it was flooding and when i reved up the engine it seemed to stop running ruff. Then when idling it quit and I can smell gas like it flooded. When I tried to restart it would fie once or twice as the ignition swith was released from the starting position. I let it cool down and now won't fire at all. Going to put,more gas even though gauge reads 1/2 and going check for spark.

Disregard this question. I found a plug wire had fallen off the distributor and that must have caused initial ruff running. Hooked it back up and checked for spark. None. Local mechanic thinks I burnt up the ingition coil running on 3cylinders. He is going to tow and fix. Thanks anyway.

DISREGARD QUESTION

THANKS ANYWAY

Category: Ford