Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercury: I'm trying to figure out why black smoke came out…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure out...
I'm trying to figure out why black smoke came out of the A/c vents on 1998 villiger?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hi Did the smoke have an odor to it. Possibly from the fresh air intake from the engines exhaust, or burning oil, or something burning on the exhaust. Are you sure it was black smoke and not white, being possible condensation coming off the evaporator, or a possible heater core leak. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris