Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Taurus: I have a 1996 Ford Taurus that I am constantly having…

Customer Question
I have a 1996 Ford...
I have a 1996 Ford Taurus that I am constantly having to replace the capacitor controlling the blower fan. I have placed a new one in but fan is not working. Would I have to replace the entire power distribution box?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/10/2015
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. This means the blower motor fan is worn, pulling too many amps causing controller to burn out. So you will need to replace the capacitor again and blower motor. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Dan, Technician