Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Exlporer: 2005 ford explorer passenger power window no longer

Customer Question

2005 ford explorer passenger power window no longer working.
All other windows working fine.
I tried replacing the master control switch no cahange passenger window still not working.
Where should I look to diagnose?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
We need to get the passenger switch out unplug it.
red/light blue should be power when the master lock out is off meaning other switches will work.
tan/light blue and white yellow should be ground. At the master when you press down, one of these should be power and the other remain ground. When you press up the prior power and ground wires should flop and change polarity.
If these are good then the master and wiring to the passenger RF switch is good.
Plug it back in and test the red/yellow and yellow/red wires the same way you did the above wires except the lock out wire. If they work as prior mentioned then the passenger switch is good. That leaves the wiring to the motor, motor, and regulator. You can test the motor and regulator with wires direct from the battery.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris