Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

Escape: 2012 ford escape: wrench light on the dash illuminated

Customer Question

2012 ford escape: wrench light on the dash illuminated and code P1825. What is the fix? Is it coupling solenoid in rear differential? Thank you, Chris!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 2 years ago.
Hello Chris, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me how the vehicle is running besides the light being on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The vehicle runs perfect. When I step on the gas hard on the gravel the front wheels dig but there is no rear wheel dig as there should be on this AWD Escape. Just the little wrench icon shows on the dash. And the P1825 comes up in the scan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ford dealer thinks a coupling solenoid in the rear differential. Estimated cost of $500.
Thank you for getting back with me. 99% of the time when this occurs with this code it is the solenoid. This is a common failure on this vehicle. It will more than likely be replaced. In some cases it can be a bad connection there or a wiring problem but I rarely see this. You can get this repaired for less money at an independent shop as it is a fairly straight forward repair. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. It was a broken wire. Fixed now.
I am glad that you found the issue. That was hopefully cheaper to fix. If you need anything else please let me know. Please rate when you can also. Thank you.