Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford Expedition: I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. The motor and

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Ford...
I have a 2004 Ford Expedition. The motor and track assembly needs to be replaced and I was told by ford that the parts are no longer available. Is there an after marker solution or other solution to replace the part?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/9/2015
Ford Mechanic: chris, Ford Mechanic replied 2 years ago
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
hI THERE
-
Need some info , "motor and track assembly" for what ?
-
the drivers power seat, the passengers power seat , the power moon roof , ,
-
also it would help me find something if I can have your VIN too , if it is a seat track I find it odd that they don't make it any more , due to ford is obligated to make parts for cars/trucks for 10 years and a 2004 Expedition is the same as a 2006 Expedition , so they should still make the track
-
we can go back and forth on this page
-
Chris
Hi Chris, Its the drivers power seat. The Vin number on the truck is 1FMFU18L64LB30996. Let me know where I can get the motor & assembly. I am told its one piece...Best Jim
ok - it is true that the 60325 basic part number for the complete seat frame and power seat track assembly is no longer made
-
but I don't think you need all this stuff, its every thing for the seat , its a little over kill,
-
so what is wrong with the drivers power seat
-
a very common problem is that the driver power seat will not go forward or backward any more , if this is the case they sell the horizontal motor separate and this is all you need , basic part number 14547A, in fact they seel all three motors separately
-
or if the seat works fine but there is a lot of play in it like rocking back and forth , then they sell the inboard and outboard seat tracks on there own basic is 61704a, 61704b
The seat labors when you try to move it back and does not go back that far
ok, then it sound like you just need the horizontal motor , basic part number is *****
-
this part is still made and sold at you local Ford dealer,
-
easy install , you don't have to remove the seat , located in the very front , two 13 mm bolts hold it in place, can be remove with a 13 mm wrench, I would replace the motor and then lubricate the power seat track ,
-
they also sell it on ebay see link below
-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-2005-2006-Ford-Expedition-Seat-Adjuster-Motor-Assembly-5L1Z14547BA-/271685458252?hash=item3f41b7194c&vxp=mtr
-
Chris
What if the reason that the motor labors is because the track is bent or damaged?
the motors have a history of going bad, so it could just be a motor going bad , if not then the power seat left and right tracks may be dry and try some lube like WD40 on them , or if the tracks have to be replaced they are also sold on there own , you don't have to get the complete assembly,
-
I would start out by lubing the track and see if you get an improvement , if not then replace the motor , if not then replace the tracks ,
-
Chris
Ok...can you give me the part number for the tracks. Also does ford sell the part?
Hello
I don't have the part number but I have the basic part numbers , witch you can give to the parts guy and they will know what you exactly want, its not a common part to replace on this so they may have to be ordered but its still a good part number, the basic is 61704 A and B
-
Chris
Thanks
OK, GOOD LUCK
cHRIS
chris
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic