Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford expedition: I have a 05 expedition ok in drive slip i…

Customer Question
I have a 05 expedition...
I have a 05 expedition ok in drive slip i put it in reverse
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Can you go into a little more detail? I believe your saying it slips in reverse. The engine revs high but speed in reverse does not increase. If that is the case then its bad news. its not a simple nor external issue. Its the reverse clutch internal that needs to be overhauled.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris