fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Ford F150: my f150 transmission 4R75E 217k miles. Got off

Customer Question

my f150 transmission 4R75E 217k miles. Got off interstate and the transmission seem to have an issue with the down shift. started from stop accelerated and at 2k rpm it felt like a bump and no power (1-2 sec) a rumble and continued to accelerate. At next stop light it felt like it was going to stall like a standard transmission when you do not step on the clutch.
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 2 years ago.
sounds like the trans. will need to come out and apart, i would drop the pan and see if there is metal debris in the pan, if there is metal just replace the trans. if there is no metal in the pan then its ok to have it rebuilt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You think it is a failure? Are there less severe issues that could be the cause?
yes that is why the trans. pan needs to come down and if there is metal in the pan then you should not try any thing, if there is no metal then you need to get codes out and eliminate electrical solenoids and wireing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
hope everything works out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had the fluid drained and replaced. No metal and it is red. Checked the solenoids they are ok. When it was placed on the computer it came back without codes. Any thoughts?
since there were no codes, most likely have a seal leaking internally, first thing to check is the line press. second thing would be air test the trans. So if you have a trans. pressure gauge, check pressures in all gears and if they are ok at idle the do stall test(hold brake and push throttle till rpm's stop climbing and see what the press. is) and air test you need to remove valve body and apply regulated air to the diff. circ. and listen for a dull thud