Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F350: Mr Wayne I've got a 89 f350 that has brake pedal bleed

Customer Question
Mr Wayne I've got a...
Mr Wayne I've got a 89 f350 that has brake peddle bleed like the mast master is bypassing . When you plug off the ports on the master cylinder it checks good . Rear brake wheel cylinders Are new , drums, shoes are like new . Front rotors and pads are all like new . The booster and master cylinder is new . I've gravity bled ,presser bled, bottle bled. If my memory serves me correctly the vacuum at the booster is 26 or so and if memory serves me correctly it's supposed to be around 14 or so . Is it possible to have too much vacuum.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
If you hook the front brake line up and plug the rear port everything pressures up like is supposed to.
The front brake lines and the rubber line between the frame and rear end feeding the rear line are all new. All the lines have been blown out with air before trying to bleed.
6/7/2015
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
Ok, look at the front calipers and tell me the position of the bleeder screws - below the brake hose to caliper connection, or above it(towards bottom or top of caliper)?
They are on top of the calipers where they're supposed to be.
HI,
Ok, just wanted to make sure I have seen this happen alot.
Ok, use either brake hose clamps or vise grips and about 1/2 up the front brake hoses, lightly clamp them. Pedal should be good.
Now remove 1 clamp at a time and test pedal. At whichever wheel you remove the clamp and pedal sinks, that is the problem area and we can go from there
When I did that the front brakes checked ok. With all 3 clamped off there was still some bleeding down.released the front brakes and no changes.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is there any way to do a phone call? I'm not very good at the website stuff and my wife has to go to a 4th meeting.
HI,
Unfortunately I have no cell phone service or landline service right now due to severe flooding that took down lines and cell towers.
I will release this so that another expert can pick it and call you
Ok. Thank you. God bless. Stay safe.
Ford Mechanic: fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
does this vehicle have anti lock brakes or RABS (rear antilock brake system) sounds like a pretty common RABS problem, there should be a valve under drivers seat on frame rail, most of the time it is the problem, and if u are sure the vac. reading is correct you may have a faulty booster. the boosters have a bleed off to release extra vac. it works like this atmospheric pressure on one side and below atmospheric pressure (vacuum) on the other side, that is how it helps apply so much.
fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician