Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

03 ford taurus. crank no start. Can hear fuel pump engaging…

Customer Question
03 ford taurus. crank no...
03 ford taurus. crank no start. Can hear fuel pump engaging when key is cycled. there is and has been a strong smell of fuel in the car for some time.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/7/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Since you can hear the pump running there is likely fuel pressure but we still need to confirm that. Do you know how to check for ignition spark and fuel injector pulse? For the fuel odor, have you checked for a fuel line leak at the injectors?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris