Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fusion: I am looking at an old post that might be the same…

Customer Question
Hi I am looking at...
Hi I am looking at an old post that might be the same problem as mine, but I can't tell. When I make a left turn with some velocity (for instance on freeway on ramp), I get a two toned chime. It goes away by itself. It usually happens once a day, possibly now more frequently. I went to the dealer and asked about it, but they doubted they could recreate it. What should I do? And is this dangerous?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/6/2015
Ford Mechanic: chris, Ford Mechanic replied 3 years ago
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Hi there
-
there are two things that come to mind, one is the AdvanceTrac® Stability Enhancement System, this system comes into use when you are driving in that mode on the freeway like you described and when it goes into this mode it turns on a warning light on the instrument cluster and sets off a tone, the light looks like a car with skid marks under it
-
the other thing is the brake fluid level , when making this turn the fluid may go to all one side of the reservoir and set off the low brake fluid level warning for a second . .
.
so make sure your brake fluid is up to the full line and if this is ok then you can go to any auto parts store and have them check your ABS system for any codes , for free, , if there is none , then your car may just be going into the stability mode on this maneuver and its normal.
-
another thing to check is to make sure all the tires have the proper air in them and that all the tires are the same tire size , a difference in air pressure or different tire sizes can also cause this problem,
we can go back and forth on this page
-
Chris
I am guessing it has something to do with brake fluid. I have a hard time reading the gauge, but there is build up of gunk on the the left side of the spout where you put it in, almost as if it leaks when I turn left.Note: there are no lights flashing on the dashboard. I know what the TCL light looks like, and it is not flashing.I haven't checked the tires, but I just had them rotated last week by the dealer. And I had a nail removed from a tire about 4 weeks ago at a tire dealer, so I assume they have been checked and are in okay shape. Plus my low air pressure indicator has been very reliable up to this point.I am going to go to the dealer and let you know what I find out. Based on what you said, and what I see, I think the brake fluid may be low, but I am also worried about the seal on the cap.
ok, good luck
Chris