Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford Expedition EL: 07 Expedition EL; 148,000 mi; EATC; dual…

Customer Question
07 Expedition EL; 148,000 mi...
07 Expedition EL; 148,000 mi; EATC; dual climate
Blower motor stopped blowing in the front while on AUTO and manual fan control; rear is fine. I replaced the blower motor resistor under the dash by the glovebox and now the manual fan control works perfect but when I try to run it on AUTO in will come on for about 5 secs then shut off for 30 secs. What is going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/6/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When the blower is commanded on but off, unplug it and see if the blower connector is missing power or ground?
Do all blower speeds work manually?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
All fan speeds work. And, when I put it on Auto the fan speed will go up and down as I change the thermostat (temp). But after the engine warms up, say 5-10 mins, the Blower ahuts off and then tries to run for a split second then off again in the Auto position but works fine manually.
When its will not work, what is missing, power or ground?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician