Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Econoline: . This is Gil. I just bought a used econoline

Customer Question

Hi. This is Gil. I just bought a used econoline 2000. The dealer said to use regular gas so I filled up tank with regular. Immediately I heard a pinging sound coming from engine. I went back to dealer. He supposedly took care of it. I got back the van today. Dealer tells me to change gas to premium. I still have regular gas in tank. I still hear the pinging sound and now the check engine soon light came up. Should I use up gas left in tank? I still have half tank left? What do I do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.You should get the codes checked to make sure its nothing serious before you continue driving it. You could end up doing more damage. I highly doubt regular gas caused it.. millions of these across the country run 87 octane gas all day every day.