Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F-150: Drivers electrical window will not roll down on 1998…

Customer Question
Drivers electrical window will not...
Drivers electrical window will not roll down on 1998 f-150
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/5/2015
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad window motor, do you have a test light or a volt meter? I can help you diagnose this,Tim
yes I have checked for electicity to the switch,it is good as electricity from the switch. The wiring goes back to the firewall.Is there a relay back on the firewall?
give me a minute to look up the wiring diagrams,Tim
ok, at the switch, do you have power on the lightblue/black wire, with the key on?
yes
ok, at the switch is there power on the tan/light blue wire, when pushing the left window button down?