Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-150: Drivers electrical window will not roll down on 1998

Customer Question

Drivers electrical window will not roll down on 1998 f-150
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad window motor, do you have a test light or a volt meter? I can help you diagnose this,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I have checked for electicity to the switch,it is good as electricity from the switch. The wiring goes back to the firewall.Is there a relay back on the firewall?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
give me a minute to look up the wiring diagrams,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, at the switch, do you have power on the lightblue/black wire, with the key on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, at the switch is there power on the tan/light blue wire, when pushing the left window button down?