How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George H. Your Own Question
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 18768
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
Type Your Ford Question Here...
George H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Escape: 2003 Ford escape that has the v6 and i need to find

Customer Question

2003 Ford escape that has the v6 and i need to find the location of the tube (orifice) in the ac system. I have been told its easy, I just can't seem to find its location.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
Open the line from the condenser to the evaporator and you will see the tube in that fitting.
Please let me know if you have the system empty and you have a line release set.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok maybe a stupid question, i think i found the area that its in, how do i open the line to access the orifice?

Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.
You will need a set of line release tools to open the line.
A set is less than $10 at autopart stores. Get the Lisle set.
The system is empty right?