Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Explorer: 2004 explorer tries to crank runs and dies

Customer Question
2004 explorer tris to crank...
2004 explorer tris to crank runs for sec and dies had gas in oil changed throttle body valve does same can hold pettle down and it will almost start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Has new fuel pump and filter
6/4/2015
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.i apologize for the delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
Do you know if the fuel is still mixing with the engine oil?
Are the spark plugs soaked with fuel at all?
Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
no gas in hole has new spark plugs it will almost start but not quite
Were the old spark plugs wet with fuel and have you checked the new spark plugs to see if they are soaked with fuel at all?
They are dry
Have you checked for fault codes at all to see if any codes are set or is there any way you can get the fault codes checked to see if any codes come up with this issue?
No codes and no check engine light
Have you checked to see if you have spark on all cylinders as well as fuel injector pulse signals?
Yes get good fire and injectors r good
O.k.,you have fuel and you have spark,have you done a full cylinder compression test to see if any of the cylinders are low on compression at all?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician