Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Focus SE: I bought a 2014 ford focus that was hit in the front

Customer Question
I bought a 2014 ford...
I bought a 2014 ford focus that was hit in the front and yaken apart already. my question is I have a 3 wire plug onthe front left with a red, white, & brown wire and can't find where it goes to. I'm assuming it has to do with fuel because the car do't start unless i spray some fuel down the intake and i don't have any fuel pressure
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
6/4/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Where on the front left is it? On top of the radiator? By the wheel? Behind the bumper? Etc Etc?Can you get me a picture?
the wire comes out of the harness where the ecm is between the front bumper and the inner fender. the end has 3 wires red, brown, & white with a plug that has a grey sealing rubber gasket around it. the wire is about 18 inches long. the other end plugs into a connection that is attached to the left side of the lower radiator surpport. those 3 wires are purple with a brown stripe, yellow with a brown stripe, and blue. those wires seam to go into the main harness.
So both ends of this harness are connected?
Yes, but my problem is that I dont know where the red, brown & white wire end connects to. I am assuming that is has some thing to do with fuel since I dont have any fuel pressure. but I dont know that for sure.
The are that it is in and the color of the wires make me think its probably lighting related. Thats why I was wanting a picture to see if I could identify the connector.
I will take a picture and send it to you tomorrow afternoon
Sounds good. Soon as I get it I will see if I can identify it and give you a copy of the circuit it belongs on.
Do you have an email address that I can send the pictures to or how do I send them to you
You can upload them to a service such as tinypic.com and give me a link. If you prefer emai I can give you my email address but we have to use an additional service to contact you offsite. It costs an extra ten bucks. If you want to go that route let me know and I will offer the service.
I'm not the best with computers and can't get tinypic to work and I'm not spending more money to send you a picture. I guess you don't know a 2014 focus that well and I'm guessing you can't help. By the way the red wire has current as soon as the ignition switch goes on
I bet the brown wire doesnt. I know the car just fine. I dont know each and every one of the 500 connectors for each and every year of the 30 different models and 5 different trim levels of each vehicle ford has made for the last 30 years.
I was hoping you had access to the wiring diagrams.I wouldn't expect you to know every connector, but I took the time to take pictures and am asked to pay more money just to get them to you. what more can I do? I have given you all of the imformation
I do have access to the diagrams. I dont know the size or shape of your connector or the wire size or exactly where its located to know which diagram to pull up. The additional service isnt my rule. I just have to follow it. If you want try emailing it to customer service and see if they can forward it to me.
I sent you the pictures through customer support
Great. Thank you. I will do my best to figure it out as soon as I get them. They havent forwarded them on just yet.
Thank you
No poblem.
I am attaching a diagram here. It appears to be c165. Would you agree?
Let me know and if you need further information I can give it to you but it has nothing to do with the fuel pump.
I don't see the diagram. do you know how I can see it?
I am attaching it again here. It doesnt appear to have gone through. Let me know if you still have trouble.
And that was supposed to be c1651.. not c165. Its at the bottom right of the diagram.
I have no idea if thats it. Why not G105 or c144. Do you know which one has those 3 colored wires in it. a 2014 focus does not have an inertia switch correct?
Your picture was pretty focused so I cant see exactly what I am looking at but it looks to be the right spot and its got the larger connector right above it.
The fuel pump gets its power from the relay in the BCM straight to the fuel pump.
Does the diagram show the red, white, and brown wires?
No it has a black/blue, yellow/orange, green/blue, yellow/violet.
So then where does this red,white & brown wire connector go?
It has to be one of the connectors on the location view I sent you. Can you tell me which one?
I haven't any idea. You can't tell by the wire colors?
Not without pulling up a pinout of every connector in the car and comparing wire colors. If you want to take a less focused picture of it and send it to me I can verify if its the one I think it is or not.Even pulling pinouts usually dont work cause the wires are faded and the colors you think they are usually arent right.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician