Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F250: 2002 f250 with a 7.3 runs 3 to 5 min in am

Customer Question
2002 f250 with a 7.3...
2002 f250 with a 7.3 runs for about 3 to 5 min in am when you first start it and then acts like its out of fuel but after a minute of stumbling and coughing it goes on and doesn't act up again,,,,until the next morning ... Today however it died and gave all sorts of grief starting again but finally did and limped back home,,,,recently changes fuel filter a,d we had a flood here and truck went unde water up to door sills....I'm wonderin if rail fuel pump is failing or could it be worse...fuel injector pump....353k miles
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2015
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 3 years ago
tims auto repair
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?
thanks