Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F250 super duty: Have a 99 f250 with upgraded turbo injectors

Customer Question

Have a 99 f250 with upgraded turbo injectors lift pump exhaust idm intake chip built trans ccv mod have no check engine light but I plugged my scanner up and got p1668 malfunction and p0475 malfunction had the p1668 when abs control module went out but just recently installed the idm but cleared up the idle so didn't know what direction I should be going?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
1668 means there is a communication error between the IDM and PCM. You mentioned an upgraded IDM, that can cause the code. I can provide the diag steps for this code but if there are no symptoms, you may not be able to get rid of it.
In the file below, can you do the diag steps on the EBP code to see if its an electrical issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99febo.pdf
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So should I worry about the 1668 if there is no check engine light ? The only thing that concerns be is the ebpv no working properly
I would not worry about the 1668 unless there are running issues. Did you complete the diag steps for the EBP I provided.