Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: I have a 2003 Ford Expedition cel p171

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition I had a past set of cel codes p171 and p174. Changed maf sensor, all O 2 sensors, pcv lines, air idel control value, gas cap, fuel filter. Spark pugs changed less than a year ago. Dealership said it was the intake manifold, change that and coil packs. Drove for 800 miles then code p171 came on. I'm at a loss!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

With the engine running, spray all parts connected to the intake with short burst of starting fluid or brake cleaner. If there is a vacuum leak that is sprayed the rpms will increase.

Does it run poorly, high or low idle, misfire, bogging down, fuel mileage concerns?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris