Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F250 6.0 diesel: 2004 f250 6.0 has oil In fuel bowl

Customer Question
2004 f250 6.0 has oil...
2004 f250 6.0 has oil In fuel bowl
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
6/2/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
James, Ford Technician
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. If you inspect the coolant tank is there fuel in the coolant as well?
No the antifreeze is good it does smell burnt though for some reason it's been like that for a while
If the anti freeze smells burnt that could always be a sign of a different problem especially if the coolant is low at all. In order for oil to get into the fuel system it's in the cylinder heads. You could have a bad injector(s) or you could have a crack in one of the cylinder heads. This engine is known for a cracked head allowing fuel into the coolant. A crack in the head can also allow oil to go into the cylinder head. When you start the engine does it run rough at all? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
As soon as it would start it would accelerate high then return to idle and it would sound pretty good
If you have a power balance when it runs rough it will be able to tell you what cylinder is missing. That would be the most helpful thing I starting diagnostics. The Ford IDS can pick this misfire up very fast.