A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford ranger: wipers speedometer and dome light dont work

Customer Question

wipers speedometer and dome light dont work
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they all poofed at the same time
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
You may have a bad GEM module since these items are incorporated into the GEM module circuits and wiring. But before replacing anything, have the vehicles modules properly test for codes. All the modules, not just the PCM (Engine computer). You will need a good scan tool and not just a code reader to do this. Any trouble codes or network wiring issues will show up during the test. Any results, please post them on this page. There is no simple fix for this without proper diagnosing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you ill get back with you can you tell me where the gem module is located?
It is located behind the bezel around the radio. You will have to remove the radio and the bezel to get to the GEM module. It is mounted to the left side of the radio.