Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Expedition: Can I run a triton 4.6 with only 7 plugs in it…

Customer Question
Can I run a triton...
Can I run a triton 4.6 with only 7 plugs in it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/31/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 3 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with your concerns.
Um, no. You will burn up the heads on that engine. The heads are aluminum and they will overheat due to the truck trying to compensate. It will also run really rough. You will end up getting a lot of fuel into the chamber and flood the one without the spark plug causing internal damage. I wouldn't do it... only in an emergency to get you home or to the closest garage. That is it...
Plus with the hole where the plug will be, the pressure will spray the fuel out of the hole and when the fuel gets on the exhaust, it will catch the engine on fire. That is another chance to not take.