Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I HAVE A 2001 FORD MUSTANG AUTO V6 THE PATS SYSTEM IS LOCKED

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2001 FORD MUSTANG AUTO V6 THE PATS SYSTEM IS LOCKED GOT THREE KEYS TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO FIX IT WITHOUT COSTING TO MUCH, ORDERED NEW PRIMARY IGNITION, SECONDARY IGNITION AND STEERING COLUMN IGNITION FROM FORD WONDERING IF THAT WILL FIX IT
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BOUGHT IT FROM A FRIEND OF MINE A YEAR AND A HALF AGO TOOK IT TO ANOTHER FRIEND WHO IS A MECHANIC AND HE COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT SO THATS WHEN I BOUGHT ALL THE IGNITION PARTS FORD HAD ON THEIR WEBSITE LAST NIGHT NEED TO KNOW IF THIS WILL FIX IT
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** the parts you bought will fix the car, however the first 2 keys will need to be programmed by either a Ford dealer or locksmith. Once the first 2 keys are programmed then the 3rd key can be programmed without the scan tool by inserting the 2 programmed keys first and cycling them quickly then inserting the 3rd key and it will program this way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANKYOU
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your business!!