Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F-250 6.0L PSD Lariat 4D SB: I plugged in a CB radio and

Customer Question

I plugged in a CB radio and now my radio and power windows don't work. Everything else seems to be working, and the truck runs fine. Pretty sure I blew some fuses.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Does the instrument cluster (all of the gauges) work ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, no other problems are visible. No engine check or other lights are lit up when the truck is running.
OK first use a voltmeter to monitor the voltage on fuses F2.2, F2.33 and F2.45 in the Central Junction Box (CJB) (interior fuse panel) when the problem occurs. Let me know what you get.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a voltmeter. And the lack of power to the power windows and radio is constant. No power whether the truck is running or not.
You will need to get one. I can assure you a multimeter is cheaper than taking random guesses at the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but that isn't exactly helpful. Bye.