Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 windstar water pump overflow tube loose but won't come…

Customer Question
2000 windstar water pump overflow...
2000 windstar water pump overflow tube loose but won't come out. Assistance?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2015
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
If you can't get the old one out you may need a new one but try spraying some silicone lube down the hole along the tube and see if you can then grab it without breaking it (slide a close fitting bolt inside to grip against if you have one) then tap the pliers you are holding it with using a hammer. Once you get it out you will need the O ring the new pump comes with.
Please let me know how I can help you with your question
Thank you