Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Ford Scape A/C works fine month and then stops

Customer Question
2001 Ford Scape A/C works...
2001 Ford Scape A/C works fine for 3 month and then stops working for a month or so and it stars working again I've checked for loose connections, compressor is new, Freon is full, new clutch relay, fuses are good can you help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2015
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question,
I can help you test this if you can catch it while it is not working.
See if installing a paperclip in place of the low pressure switch on top of the accumulator near the firewall starts it up again. I have replace a lot of low pressure switches on these. It just screws on and off, no pressure is lost. Accumulator is the large silver can
Let me know if that is it.
Thank you
Hi George, I did the paperclip test on the low pressure switch but nothing happen can I try something else ?
Thanks.
OK, what do you have available to test with? Voltmeter?
I have a test light
Good, reconnect the low pressure switch and pull the AC relay from the underhood fuse block and see if it is marked with 1,2,3,5 by the pins or on the side. Use a heavy paperclip to connect the #3 and the #5 pin socket and let me know if the compressor runs and if the system is cold.
Thanks