Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford explorer Sport Trac: I was told by a Ford shop as they

Customer Question
I was told by a...
I was told by a Ford shop as they are repairing the timing chain on my 2005 sport trac that there is a sludge build up in the engine!! is there a way to flush the engine to clean it ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2015
Ford Mechanic: martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician
Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, there are many products on the market to deal with this job, but the best by far is a product by FORTE, its an engine flush, just add to your oil and drive for a while or leave the engine running for about half an hour, then drain the engine oil, depending on how much sludge you have, you may need to repeat, this product is what we personally use in the garage, it works wonders...here is a link to the product..http://www.forteuk.co.uk/product-detail/36/Advanced-Formula-Motor-Flush...hope this helps, kindest regards ***** ***** you require any further help please ask, if not please press the green button to accept as this is how i get paid, once again regards martin.
2 questions
1st I was told by the ford shop that if flushed it would just clog up the oil pump screen and 2nd where is the product you suggest sol in the USA?
SOLD AT IN USA
Hi there, i have personally used this product many times and have had no adverse effects from using it...you can buy this product on ebay or direct from forte, but probably easier on ebay, hope this helps, kindest regards martin.
Hi there, just a quick follow up to see if you require any further help, kindest regards martin.
martyzs180
martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician