Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 ford expedition has a factory installed security…

Customer Question
My 2005 ford expedition has...
My 2005 ford expedition has a factory installed security system that goes of without cause. The ford dealer will not disconnect it. It also has a after market security system that they won't disconnect.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 3 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.A FORD dealer will generally only work on FORD equipment on something like this. They dont have any diagrams on aftermarket stuff and they have no protection from ford if them unhooking your aftermarket equipment causes issues that cost them a bunch of money.Nobody can or will disable your built in security system. The truck wouldnt run if you pull out all of the modules that run the truck/security system.Your best course of action is to either remove the aftermarket system yourself or get someone else to do it then either figure out the security system yourself or get someone else to do it.