Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

NOW, my 'open door' light comes on. '06 Crown Vic. All

Customer Question
NOW, my 'open door' idiot...
NOW, my 'open door' idiot light comes on. '06 Crown Vic. All doors are closed including the trunk. What gives?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/27/2015
Ford Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
The door light switches are inside the door, on the door latch. One of them has probably failed. There is no easy way to get to them, you have to pop the door panels. The drivers door gets used so much more on most cars, that is where I would start. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.