Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years of Ford Technician experience. I have built many custom Fords, I also collect them.
9795573

I'm also a Chuck. 2006 Crown Vic. Dashboard goes dark ,,,

Customer Question

I'm also a Chuck. 2006 Crown Vic. Dashboard goes dark ,,, gauges don't work. MOST OF THE TIME! Fuses are good. Battery is good. Any insights?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
Do you know if it is a P71, or a P73 Model, it will be in the VIN.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
P71I am NOT a pro!
Some of the P73's have lighting blackout setups installed. That wont be an issue on a P71. I would suspect the dimmer switch is bad. It is on the left right under the headlight switch. The panel pops out then you can release the tabs on the dimmer switch. If that isn't the problem the next most suspect part is the LCM (lighting control module). It is a basic computer that operates the lighting on this model. The LCM in under the dash near the steering column. I have been buying used LCM's off of ebay, or getting bad ones rebuilt. New LCM's are real expensive. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.
I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.