Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford f150 5.4L: i replaced a new engine on 1999 ford f150 4x4

Customer Question
i replased a new engine...
i replased a new engine on 1999 ford f150 4x4 5.4 L ,all gaskets new ,new thermostat new radiator,temperature all always ok ,after driving 12 mile white smoke coming out from tail pipe engine shake and low coolant ,i found a lot of antifreeze inside of intake manifold ,when i removed intake manifold from old engine i found same alot antifreeze in it,what cause that problem, i am confuse pls help.tks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2015
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
tims auto repair
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
i would think your problem is blown head gaskets..
i would think the coolant got into the valley of the engine from the intake being removed..
replace the head annd intake gaskets
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
hi Tim thans for your answer
but i just replace the engine,bay it from autozon ,when i done the job i when test drive at the freewey ,of course i check first oil pressure and coolant teperature everything looks ok never overheat even not high pressure in radiator hose ,pocible bad? intake monifoul?
oh i see,,
you may just have air in the cooling system..
lets bleed the system this way
1-remove the radiator/reservoir cap when the engine is cold
2-start the engine and let idle
3-turn the heater on max
4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed
5-spme coolant may gush out with the air
6-keep doing this until the engine is at operating temperature and the heater is hot
7-after the coolant settles down and the engine is warm,,install the cap
This may take as long as 20-30 minutes
.
thanks
.
the strange, old engine had the same problem ,engie shake ,white smoke and antifreeze in intake manifoul and never got overheatg ,thats wy we replace engine
if it is blowing white[smoke/steam..there is coolant getting into the cylenders,,
but,,sense this is a new engine and if you havent ran it too long,the problem may be that there is coolant/water inside the tail pipe/muffler that just hasnt burn out yet..
bleed the air out of the cooling system the way i gave you and let it run a while to see if it quits blowning the white smoke..
if not,i would think that new engi ne is letting coolant into the cylenders through the intake manifold or the head gaskets as well
thanks
tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic