Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E 350 diesel 6.9 l: Brian. My 86 e350 diesel starts and

Customer Question
Hi Brian. My 86 e350...
Hi Brian. My 86 e350 diesel starts and dies after 2 seconds. I replaced the fuelpump and the filter and drained it. The tube to the IP gets diesel.
What`s the problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
I can do this again and again until the batteries are empty...
I pumped all diesel-fuel out of the tank and filled it up with fresh diesel-fuel. Before I startet the engine again I got all air out of the system.
I use a clear tube between pump and filter to be shure there is no air in the system.
Its an electric 12 V fuel-pump I start before I start the engine.
5/25/2015
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 years ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
from your description it sounds like the injector pump has failed. loosen one of the lines at the injector and see if there is any fuel at the injector
Roy
There is fuel at the injector...Burkhard
ok, then it is not air in the lines.
it sounds like the injector pump has failed. you will need to replace the pump.
just to check, the single wire on the solenoid on the pump. turn the key on and remove and replace the wire and see if you hear the solenoid clicking.
Roy
Sorry Roy, I couldn`t check the solenoid until now and will contact you again the next days. Have a nice start of the week !
thanks