AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ford: Yesterday I was driving and turned on the AC. I went

Customer Question

Yesterday I was driving and turned on the AC. I went about two blocks and the car just died. I tried restart and nothing. The lights on the dash light up but nothing, no turning and I don't hear the fuel pump cycle either. took the belt off it see if maybe the AC clutch locked up but still nothing.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Did you still need help?
Are you saying that the starter motor does not engage correct?
Do the dome lights work?
What about the headlights?
I will be looking forward to your reply.
Customer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they all work. Battery was tested and it was fine.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
Does the check engine light come on with the key on?
Have you checked for power down at the starter motor? If so, what are the readings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haven't checked for power, yes check engine light comes on. Normally I would hear fuel pump when I turn key. Now nothing. The tow truck driver thought ECC went out
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Ok, can you check power to the fuel pump and let me know the results?
Do you need a wiring diagram or need to know which wire to check for power?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I will need one
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
No problem!
Please send me your VIN and I will post a wiring diagram for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just sent picture
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the VIN!
I am having an issue upload the diagram to the site, but the power wire to the fuel pump is the pink wire with black stripe.
This wire comes from the inertia switch. The switch may simply have tripped or gone bad.
The inertia switch gets power from the fuel pump relay. You might want to check for two powers going into the fuel pump relay with the key on and cranking.
I am going to send over an offer with my phone number and email address. Please feel free to accept my offer and call me or email me so I can email you back the wiring diagram.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Please let me know.
Customer