Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150: I have a f150 5.8 extended cab 4x4 with 144000 miles.

Customer Question
I have a f150 5.8...
I have a f150 5.8 extended cab 4x4 with 144000 miles. Experiencing no problems I drove to town the other day stopped and talked to a friend driving back all the sudden it started running rough, jerking, loosing power etc.... I noticed my overdrive light on the shift lever was blinking. I got home (3miles) here's what I know..... I can steer it up it idles great can move in driveway slowly no problem as soon as I accelerate any at all it starts it again. I have since replaced map sensor, throttle position sensor (bottom of throttlebody) checked battery cables , looked for loose grounding? I am clueless, help!! The radio has been acting as if it has a short , working and not working and recently it had some brake/taillight wiring issues. Don't know if any of that helps?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/24/2015
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you checked the actual fuel pressure yet?

hi tim, i have not and how would i do that

you need a pressure gauge, and it hooks up to the test port on the fuel rail, most parts houses like autozone will loan you a gauge for a small deposit, can you get one?

im sure i can get one, what should it read? Tim if its not the fuel pressure where will we look next?

Let me know what the fuel pressure is when you get a chance,Tim

Tim, my fuel pressure 35. we pulled codes and the only codes that showed up are 624 and 632 ??

Relist: Other.
I just think the more minds looking at the issue is better overall
Does the pressure drop when you try to accelerate?