Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F150: I have a f150 5.8 extended cab 4x4 with 144000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a f150 5.8 extended cab 4x4 with 144000 miles. Experiencing no problems I drove to town the other day stopped and talked to a friend driving back all the sudden it started running rough, jerking, loosing power etc.... I noticed my overdrive light on the shift lever was blinking. I got home (3miles) here's what I know..... I can steer it up it idles great can move in driveway slowly no problem as soon as I accelerate any at all it starts it again. I have since replaced map sensor, throttle position sensor (bottom of throttlebody) checked battery cables , looked for loose grounding? I am clueless, help!! The radio has been acting as if it has a short , working and not working and recently it had some brake/taillight wiring issues. Don't know if any of that helps?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you checked the actual fuel pressure yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi tim, i have not and how would i do that

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
you need a pressure gauge, and it hooks up to the test port on the fuel rail, most parts houses like autozone will loan you a gauge for a small deposit, can you get one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sure i can get one, what should it read? Tim if its not the fuel pressure where will we look next?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Let me know what the fuel pressure is when you get a chance,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tim, my fuel pressure 35. we pulled codes and the only codes that showed up are 624 and 632 ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I just think the more minds looking at the issue is better overall
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Does the pressure drop when you try to accelerate?