Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I bought a five hundred 2005, motor stop when hot .

Customer Question
i bought a five hundred 2005, motor stop when hot .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
also replaced all coils,spark plugs, service engine soon on
5/24/2015
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Hi there,Do you happen to know what code is being stored keeping the light on?
no I don't know
Ok, i think its important to have the codes read. It sounds like a possible problem with either a cam position sensor or the crank position sensor. Sometimes what happens is when they get hot they stop sending the signal to the computer. This will cause the car to stall and not start back up until it's cold.This is a fairly common issue on most cars really, and the best way to know which is the problem is to have the codes read. most parts stores will read them for you at no charge as well.Please let me know if there is more I can do to help you out.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
MIKE, WHEN THE MOTOR STOP I CAN START IT AGAIN FAILING AND STOP AGAIN. I WILL FIND SOMEBODY TO CONNECT A SCANNER TO SEE THE CODE , THE I WILL WRITE TO YOU.
I see, sorry, I was thinking it had to cool down before it would restart.Try unplugging the mass air flow sensor when this is happening and see if the car will start and actually idle for you and let me know.Thanks
OK , I TRY
Thanks
SORRY, I DIDNOT ANSWER TO YOU BEFORE, I HAVING A PERSONAL PROBLEM, I WILL SEND MY CAR TO A SHOPTKS.
Best of luck to you both!
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician