Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

F150: 2011 Ford F150 3.7 XL. there is a sound coming from somewhere

Customer Question
2011 Ford F150 3.7 XL...
2011 Ford F150 3.7 XL. there is a sound coming from somewhere in the dashboard (driver side) it sounds like an electrical pump. it starts as soon as the key is in the AUX position. Any idea what is this? don't think that it is blend door actuator.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

Do the climate control selections, temperature and mode all work flawless?

If you ope n the hood and duplicate this, can it be heard outside the vehicle?

Is this effecting anything on the car?

Does it ever stop with any key position?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

the sound is the same regardless of the key position.

you can hear it very clearly outside of the car, it seems to be coming from somewhere behind the brake vacuum assist.

the car has other issues (parking brake light always on, airbag light on, and the speedometer not working) so yes, there are other issues but can't see how they could be related to this one.

don't know if the climate controls are flawless. i bought the car as a project. i am putting it together slowly. the ac system is empty because i had to take out the compressor, so i can't test this now. yes, i can test the heating but i am afraid that this sound is an indication of something about to brake (or burn) so i am reluctant to do it.

the sound is quite loud. it is like a electric pump running empty

Chris,

pls ignore my question. i am an idiot. it was the motor of the windshield wipers. since the wipers are one the back seat, the sound was a mystery until i realized that i somehow turned it on.

pls keep the deposit. i'll have a transmission question soon. i am trying to figure out why sometimes the trany is slipping. i need to work a little bit more on eliminating possible reasons and i'll come back with a question and summary of what was done

Glad you got it figured out, if you rate this post I can keep your deposit.

You probably misunderstood me. When i said "please keep the deposit" i meant that i don't need a refund at this time because i am still working on the truck and i am sure I'll stumble on something that will require your help and you will have a chance to earn the deposit.

Please let me know if for some reason you feel that you earned it already

Thanks for clearing that up. I do not get anything unless there is a rating, so to leave your deposit is your choice. Good night.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician