Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford transit: Ford transit 2002 diesel .procedure

Customer Question
Ford transit 2002 diesel...
Ford transit 2002 diesel .proceedure for replacing clutch ? How do you move gearbox back - their is no removable cross member!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/24/2015
Ford Mechanic: sean, Ford Technician replied 3 years ago
sean
sean, Ford Technician
Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.
To remove the transmission you need to drop the front subframe down by a little distance and put special spacers in between the body and subframe where the rear bolts of the subframe are. I personally remove the rear bolts completely and undo the front nuts so far so the subframe is just supported by the front nuts. Below is a link to the removal procedure for the transmission (5 speed) the 6 speed is very similar.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw702j53bw2fd2w/Print.pdf?dl=0
I hope this helps but if you need further advise let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
sean
sean
sean, Ford Technician