Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ses: I have a 2003 ford Taurus that idle really high I put…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 ford...
I have a 2003 ford Taurus that idle really high I put a brand new throttle body,and idle air control valve it didn't help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/23/2015
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 3 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
I need to know what engine your 2003 Taurus has.
The 4 valve V6 or the 2 valve V6. The 2 valve has the spark plugs next to the exhaust manifold and the 4 valve has the spark plugs in the valve covers.
The spark plugs are in the valve cover
Ok, that is the 4 valve V6.
Most of the time, idle concerns are caused by vacuum leaks from the intake manifold gaskets and the PCV hose under the intake manifold in the lower section. You will need to replace the upper and lower intake manifold o rings and the PCV hose. Then disconnect the battery to reset the PCM (Engine Computer).