James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Locked my keys in my 2013 escape

Customer Question

locked my keys in my 2013 escape
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Does your escape have a push button start or an actual key to start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Key to start
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
With a key start it is more difficult. Ford doesn't give access to the key code except via scan tool to read the module itself. The easiest way of course is a lock smith can open the door. He cheapest route is to talk to a Ford dealer in the morning. You will need a copy of your registration and ID. They can cut you a generic key for about $5 at the most. This will get you in the door. Unless you have a Ford dealer that is open 24 hours you would need to wait until morning. I know a lock smith should be on call all hours of the night. I'm sorry I don't have an easier way to get inside the vehicle.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello, how are you? I just wanted to see if you were able to get into your car?