A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford expedition: We have a 2004 ford expedition and we are

Customer Question

We have a 2004 ford expedition and we are starting to have some elec. problems. To start with after you to the ignition off and open the door the radio does not go off like it should. 2nd. the door locks do not work anymore and last the head lights do not work like they did before you must turn them on the automatic at dusk does not come on. One night the wife was driving and the lights just went off for a couple of mins.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Electrical issues like this will need proper testing. First you will need to check the vehicle scanned for trouble codes in all the modules. We have seen the dash fuse box cause electrical problems. But I would first recommend scanning for trouble codes first. They will point out the proper direction to look for the problem.