Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have checked fuses and bulbs and brake light on

Customer Question
have checked fuses and bulbs...
have checked fuses and bulbs for signal and brake light on 1999 ford expedtion have new harness need diagram for color wire connection
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/19/2015
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you need the woring diagram for the entire brake lights system and the turn signals, or a certain connector?
the wires in the plug I bought are all white the ones to tie to in car are colored need to know which colors go to which signals I have 5 on right side and 3 on left
Which connector is this?
top connector behind steering wheel
for the turn signal switch?
none of the signals work turn or break lights) have checked all fuses and bulbs then I bought a harness that plugs in behind the steering wheel the wires are colored coded in care but harness wires are all white I NEED DIAGRAM TO CONNECT THE WIRES
Below is a link to a PDF file containing a diagram of this connector, with color codes, to show you where to connect the wires,Tim
http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=51533c5f501b42212170327ecaea69ca-78fd768c109895fb&targetID=pmVo4ovEoklD6h7F90sLTw_I_I
Is this the diagram you were looking for?
No My husband is working on car and I am trying to get the answers guess I do not know how I got a diagram but is not colored or the one he is looking for Maybe we can get a manual at parts house
in the legend on the diagram, it has the clolr for each wire,like WT/LG IS WHITE WITHA LIGHT GREEN STRIPE, LG/ LB IS LIGHT GREEN WITH A LIGHT BLUE STRIPE, etc...
I guess I did not know how to open it did not have any color coded wires on the graph I had. We have now fixed the car but not with these.
If I have joined anything for this please caccel.
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
I posted the wiring diagram with colors for you, I dont know what else you were looking for?
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH