Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford Taurus SE: I have a 2003 Ford Taurus SE 8th VIN: U Both…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Ford...
I have a 2003 Ford Taurus SE 8th VIN: U
Both of the headlights are not working, but the parking lights turn on. Could you provide me with a wiring diagram or fuse box schematic? None of the fuses in the battery junction box were blown. I know there is a fuse box under the steering wheel as well. Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Ford
5/19/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 3 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Have you tried new bulbs or checked for power to the bulbs? It wouldnt be the first time I have seen both go at the same time.

No I haven't is there a fuse I could check first though?

Just a moment. Let me pull up a diagram.
In the under hood fuse box 19 and 21 and for the low beam headlights.I attached a wiring diagram for your reference.

this is the battery junction box, need the CENTRAL junction box.

I dont understand. I didnt attach a fuse box diagram. I attached a headlight wiring diagram.
Are you seeing a battery junction box diagram? If so I can repost it. I just pulled it up.. it was the same one I posted when I loaded it.
Is the connector on the other one melted? What headlight do you have in there?

The other one is fine. the bulb i have in there appears to be fully intact. It is a Phillips HB5 9007 12V 65/55W DOT bulb

As long as you got a good ground I would think it just had a bad connection and needs a new pigtail. On the other side Im not sure.. do you have power to it?

There is roughly 12 volts on the driver's side that appeared fried, but not getting any voltage at the light on the passenger side.

Do you have voltage on both sides of the fuse?

yes 11.46 same as battery on both sides of both fuses 19 and 21 in the battery junction box.

Check continuity from the right headlight to the fuse. Let me know what you get.

on the drivers side lamp I got the buzzer to sound which means it has less than 50 ohms of resistance. I got nothing from the passenger headlamp.

Then you have an open in the wire between the two. At that point it comes down to good old fashioned wire chasing. Start at one end and probe the wire every so often and find out where you lose continuity/voltage.