Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

97 Mustang Cobra: I have a 97 Cobra that is throwing p0411

Customer Question

I have a 97 Cobra that is throwing p0411 and p1519 everything started happening when I put on off road H pipe I put eliminators on the o2 sensors at the back can anyone help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I'd say a tuner can take those Codes out, for once you have altered the exhaust system, the airflow of the engine will different than what the ecm is expecting to see.
It is the old hot rodder syndrome, once you start "mucking around", it's either leave it stock or get a software tuner.
As for the eliminators, are they only a voltage generator in place of the rear O2 sensors to fool the ecm?
Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The butterflies in the intake are opening up on the imac system but its still throwing the codes. Is there anything else that would throw those codes? Would putting on the tuner take care of all the problems?

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would take take the car to an ECM tuning expert.
Gary