Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350: i have an 08 f350 king ranch with oem brake controller

Customer Question

i have an 08 f350 king ranch with oem brake controller i have been getting several messages in cluster. today i complete went through trailer and replaced plug on truck now only issue i have left is when i plug trailer into truck the gain bars on the tbc rise and fall as if the brakes are being applied when they are not and eventually get a trailer brake fault message. i am at a loss at this point as to what to do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 2 years ago.
Hi I would like to help you out. Since the cluster is showing tbc fault it means the tbc module has detected a fault somewhere in the system. The next step is to retrive the code from the tbc module. Just like pulling a code for a check engine light the tbc will also store fault codes. As far as I know a Ford IDS scan tool is the only tool that can talk to this tbc module. A higher end aftermarket scan tool like snap on may do the job. We need to know this code to diagnose the fault. If yu can get the code I can help you alot further. Please let me know what it is and we can go from there, Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok in addition to that my reverse lights do not operate and from testing im assuming that it is that position switch inside the trans does this affect tbc?