Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250: Got a 92 F250 5.8 it wont start it turns over. I have

Customer Question

Got a 92 F250 5.8 it wont start it turns over. I have changed distributor spark plugs wires coil,computer, fuel pump.I did all this last fall and it start and run but it would just shut off .it would start go for few days then it shut off it would do this when coming to a stop or slowing down this is my only work truck i have
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Do you have starting fluid ? Did you try to run off of starting fluid ? We need to determine if the engine is not getting fuel or spark. And starting fluid is the easiest way to determine. I realize you have done a lot of work. I am excellent at diagnosing issues like this. So please if I ask a questions that make not make sense to you at the time please trust that it is information that will lead us to a positive result. And all information you can give about the truck or engine is useful info. No matter how insignificant it may seem at the time anything odd you notice will assist us in getting you back on the road.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey when i would be driving down road i could smell gas also i do have starting fluid if that dont work what would be next
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it for a good few seconds to clear out the cylinders and fuel rail. Then see if it starts off of fluid. If it does we know that spark is ok. Then we go after injector pulse or fuel delivery issue. So I'm assuming due to your story that the truck currently does not run correct ?