A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

F150XL: I need help like ASAP meaning right now, I would prefer

Customer Question

I need help like ASAP meaning right now, I would prefer someone call me on my cell phone, I will pay the triple price if someone can call me and answer me right now, my cell phone number is ***** I am having problems with a 2012 F150, 5.0 engine crew cab, no 4x4, it was saying that my crankshaft position sensor was bad, it said ohms specs was between 300 to 800, and mince was 834 so I changed it, and was working fine but some how I messed around with the timing degrees with my scanner and now its turning off. Before I changed the crankshaft position sensor it was staring but like with a missfire and indicated the camshaft sensor's which the ohms were in range so I checked the timing chain and the timing marks(had to take off the timing cover) and they were on spot. So after I put everything back the crankshaft position sensor was the one that came on and not the cam shaft sensors. So can someone call me instead I will pay triple please, if not my email is***@******.***
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the truck is a F150 XL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the code that its giving me i says P0315 crankshaft position sensor not learned
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Sorry I had to work today, I do it every 3rd Saturday.
After you replace the Crankshaft Position sensor, you have to train the sensor to its position.
After completing the repairs, use a diagnostic scan tool to perform the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction procedure. If your scan tool cannot do this, you will have to take it to a dealership to have this done for you.